Print out these cards (2 per standard 8.5″ x 11″) to decorate with your art supplies. After printing it, cut along the solid line and then fold your two halves on the dashed lines to create your own cards at home.
Fill out the inside with your own Dakota phrase to show your appreciation for the Iná in your life! Here are some phrases to practice and help you get started:
- Happy Mother’s Day!
Iná Aŋpétu Oíyokiphi Yuhá!
- You have taught me so much
Nína óta waúŋspemayakhiye
- Thanks for all you’ve done for me (I am grateful for you raising me well)
Taŋyáŋ ičháȟmayaye kiŋ phiwáda
- You’re the best mom in the world
Iná iyótaŋ niwášte hé héčhetu ye/do
- I think you’re the best, mom
- I’m thankful for all your work (I am grateful for your goodwork/diligence/industriousness)
Nibdíheča kiŋ phiwáda
- I love you, mom
- Thečhíȟiŋda, iná