Free Dakota Father’s Day coloring pages & cards
Até Aŋpétu Oíyokiphi Yuhá! Celebrate Father’s Day in Dakota with these free coloring pages and cards. These were created by Spirit Lake Dakota artist Marlena Myles to celebrate the fathers in our lives. You are free to download for personal/classroom use only.
Dakhótia wóhdaka wo!
Let’s speak Dakota!
Here are some phrases to practice and help you get started:
- Happy Father’s Day!
Até Aŋpétu Oíyokiphi Yuhá!
- You have taught me so much
Nína óta waúŋspemayakhiye
- Thanks for all you’ve done for me (I am grateful for you raising me well)
Taŋyáŋ ičháȟmayaye kiŋ phiwáda
- You’re the best dad in the world
Até iyótaŋ niwášte hé héčhetu ye/do
- I think you’re the best, dad
- I’m thankful for all your work (I am grateful for your goodwork/diligence/industriousness)
Nibdíheča kiŋ phiwáda
- I love you, dad
- Thečhíȟiŋda, até
You can also practice the Dakota phrases for your cards with these audio guides provided by Dawí/Huhá Máza!
Love these ! Thank you for the free cards to add to Fathers Fay gift giving ! ❤️
Awesome work, really appreciate having these.